Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cupcakes Galore

Recently we were invited to a wedding (see blog below) and I started thinking about a wedding gift. Since it was to be mailed, a card with a check or a gift card seemed the way to go. And, then my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check out their Gift Registry. Several items related to cupcakes caught my eye.

Cupcakes…mmm?

Maybe they like Cupcakes???

Maybe I’ll do a theme gift….????

Well, one thought led to another and soon I forgot about the gift card and was going to store after store shopping for cupcake items.

Ended up with silicone cupcake liners (her request was for a pack of 12), she now has 12 traditional, 12 hearts and 24 minis along with an array of sparkling sugars, a six-pack of sprinkles, confetti, flowers, a special cupcake frosting spatula that makes the job easier (according to a self-proclaimed cupcake aficionado that I know) as well as a great cookbook by Susannah Blake titled Cupcake Heaven. I was in Heaven just looking at the photographs…each recipe has a full page photo…Yummm.



Okay, I know, this is pretty standard stuff, so I added a couple “Cup-A-Cake” containers…each one holds one cupcake in a such way that you can “travel” with it and it stays intact. Great if the bride is planning on packing a lunch for hubby (and one for herself, of course.)


Maybe she’ll want to put a little note in his lunchbox, so I included a set of six Cupcake note cards.


Also, planned to include a famous California “Cupcakery’s” Cupcake Mix Kit that came highly recommended until I read the directions. Three sticks of butter for 12 cupcakes!!!!! I’m assuming the bride wants to keep hubby around for awhile so returned the Kit. They should rename these cupcakes-- Coronary Cupcakes!!!

Noticed they wanted a cookie sheet or two. Well, those don’t fit in an extra-large flat rate mailing box so passed on the pans and ended up with a set of Edge-of-the-Cup Cookie Cutters and a cookie/cupcake scoop...this one recommended by a recent grad of the local Culinary School with her certificate in Baking.

Cupcakes are a Fun Food

a Happy Food

and

not just for kids anymore….

They are for the Young- at-Heart !!


And, yes, everything did fit into the flat rate box.

Hope the Happy Couple enjoys this gift
as much as I did putting it together !!

3 comments:

Dee D said...

Yummy ---- a cupcake sure would taste good right about now. Love the gift (and the photos).

Dave said...

They look very tastey, especially the white frosting with the sprinkles, and from what you said they should be healthy too.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, having problems even posting a comment to your blog....