Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine KISS




A dear friend gave me the beautiful crystal heart and I wanted to showcase it for my February BJP ornament. After several unsuccessful starts and stops with designing the fringe to feature the heart, a little voice in my head said: Keep It Simple, Shel....hence the name Valentine KISS.




I promise the photos will get better, hopefully with the March project. In the meantime, I'm leaving for a Calligraphy Conference in California and our office is moving March 1. Have my idea for the March BJP but haven't started it yet. So many plans, so little time, something has to give, guess it will be sleep.


10 comments:

jann said...

I love this one. It makes me think of a hot air balloon. The big crystal heart really shows nicely.

Dee D said...

Did you note the time that your blog was posted? I really like the valentine ornament. Do you have it on display?

Crazy Mama said...

what a super ornament! love how the hearts sparkle!

Magpie Sue said...

Beautiful! You're going to have a lovely collection of ornaments when the year is done. :- )

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty, and a great idea to do ornaments!

Mary K. McGraw said...

What a great idea to do ornaments and this one is lovely.

Shirley Cook - Jumping Jack Glass said...

Very pretty ornament! I think your idea of Keeping It Simple (S...) was right on the money. The hearts really stand out, especially that focal heart. Lovely!

Robin said...

You found the perfect was to showcase the heart... It's lovely!!!

Robin A.

Elizabeth said...

Beautifully done!!! The color of the crystal heart is stunning!

Kali said...

Very pretty, and deliciously Victorian!