Monday, September 7, 2009

10 Years Later….Another Summer of Love

1969 was a pivotal year for an entire generation and as you know, if you read my last post, the year my sister got married.

1979 also had its share of noteworthy news:

Mister Ed, the talking horse, died

The Susan B Anthony dollar was issued

It snowed in the Sahara Desert for 30 minutes

Michael Jackson released his first break through album “Off the Wall”

“For Better or Worse” comic strip debuted

McDonald’s introduced Happy Meals

And, in my family, it was another Summer of Love as we planned my September 7th wedding.

Happy 30th Anniversary, Dear Husband, it’s been a great ride.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Beautiful!

The Justice of the Peace that married you certainly did a good job. She must have put glue inside that wedding ring. It sure stuck.

Congratulations to all four of you. You all have been a delight to your Mother and I.

Dee D said...

'Twas a fun time. The one and only wedding I officiated and had the honor of hosting at my house.

Congratulations to you.

Love, Sis

Unknown said...

It was a perfect day and a perfect wedding. Erin