Wednesday, December 3, 2008














Now that my Christmas 2008 Cards have all been mailed, decided it's time to share this photo. After beading 85 Swarovski crystal wreaths, had the chore of making hangers for each one. At the time, it seemed easiest to thread them one-by-one onto fishing line and then cut them off one-by-one to knot. Soon into the project, I realized a beautiful garland was in the making. While admiring my handiwork, I toyed with the idea of keeping the garland for this season and using the wreaths for Christmas 2009 cards. The temptation was strong but I had already printed the cards with a notice about having a new address and completed the laborious task of cutting all the circles in the cardstock, so hung up the garland, made a little vignette, took the picture and started cutting! The wreath garland reached the entire width of the fireplace mantel - 7 feet! By the way, the red reindeer card was a great find at Barnes and Noble a couple years ago.